Rudiments IV can be seen as the first four weeks of Basics II.
In Basics II (Rudiments 4,5,6) each meeting starts with lighting the fire and adding another link to the chain. Then we get on about the rest of the class.
We will cover:
- basics of identifying and learning to heat-treat unknown steel.
- making an eye-punch/maker's mark
- the Square-Octagonal-Round exercise/demonstration-of-skill
- making a welded twisted-basket-motif s-hook
and whatever might fit in or answer a question as time permits.
4 three hour meetings dates×
Instructor: Carl West
Class size is limited to 4 students (one per forge).
Gift Certificates for Rudiments of Blacksmithing IV are available.
Please wear proper clothing for visiting or working in the forge: closed toe shoes (preferably leather, preferably high-topped. Sneakers are sufficient.), natural fiber clothing, long pants that cover the tops of the shoes. Click here for more safety information.
This class is either: If you're interested in taking Rudiments of Blacksmithing IV and it's not on the calendar, please tell us using our Waiting-List Page. back to top
Dates and Times:
- not upcoming on our schedule,
- or we've fallen behind in our clerical duties and not entered it in the database.
If you found it on our calendar page, we are planning to offer it on that date.
This class is either:
If you're interested in taking Rudiments of Blacksmithing IV and it's not on the calendar, please tell us using our Waiting-List Page.
back to top
Rudiments of Blacksmithing IV
Click here to share this class description on FaceBook